How to Use the Deli
Below I've written some ideas for how to use this website in your daily teaching.
The Marvelous Musical Deli - An Online Resource
The Marvelous Musical Deli is broken into two main sections - For Students & For Teachers. The For Students side of the website is geared towards whole-class instruction (teacher presents material to students during music class) and/or student exploration at home. The For Teachers side is intended to be a behind-the-scenes resource full of lesson plans, extension ideas, curriculum connections (music standards), etc. The teacher resources may be accessed using the navigation bar at the top of this page.
For Students Section
- What is Musical Form?
- An introduction to the concept of form. Use this page to start a unit on form or as a supplement to reinforce your own introduction to form lessons.
- Common Types of Forms
- Intended for older students; use this page to introduce and/or label specific forms. Also an excellent resource for finding musical examples composed in specific forms (complete with YouTube video links).
- Song Gallery
- List of featured songs with links to detailed info about their forms. This page will be updated occasionally as I have time to make more movies & research composer/song facts.
For Teachers Section
- How to Use the Deli - You are here!
- Extension Ideas
- Several ideas to take The Marvelous Musical Deli beyond the website and put it into the hands of your students.
- Curriculum Connections
- A list of the Music Grade Level Expectations (GLE's) that deal with form as set out by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Deli Items on TPT
- List of The Marvelous Musical Deli items available on Teachers Pay Teachers (includes freebies).
- Print Resources
- List of books, publications, & videos featuring quality lessons on form.
- Online Resources
- List of educational blogs and videos produced/provided by other music educators featuring quality lessons or tips about teaching form.
- Fill out the contact form to let me know what you think of this site and what you'd love to see added in the future.